Performance is essential for laboratory equipment where personnel and product protection depend on performance. Because biosafety cabinets (BSCs) provide a high level of protection, it is important to pay attention to signs of wear and replace your BSC as soon as necessary.
Signs You Need a New Biological Safety Cabinet:
- Obvious signs of wear, including rust on the cabinet interior or exterior.
- You have an older model BSC that requires higher levels of energy consumption.
- Your existing BSC takes up a lot of space and/or does not provide ideal ergonomics for operators.
In this highly regulated sector of the laboratory equipment market, biological safety cabinets, or biosafety cabinets, must adhere to NSF standards for airflow patterns and air exchange ratios to ensure operator and product protection. The Purair® BIO is an economic Class II, Type A2 biological safety cabinet that can be configured to comply with either NSF 49 or EN12469 standards for airflow. The Purair BIO is suitable for work with biosafety agents at levels 1, 2 and 3.
Benefits of New NSF-Certified Biological Safety Cabinets:
- Improved Efficiency – New biological safe cabinets are designed with greater energy efficiency. The Air Science Purair BIO uses a single blower motor that reduces energy consumption by more than 80% compared to traditional motors, with no compromise to performance. These energy savings accelerate ROI, especially where multiple cabinets are used.
- Contamination Control – The Purair BIO includes passive contamination control in the VIRO-CUT™ Antibacterial Stainless Steel, which provides latent germicidal protection against most airborne contaminants.
- Versatility – Purair BIO cabinets provide ample workspace with environmentally sound operation. Compact designs make installing and relocating biosafety cabinets easier. The Purair BIO has a slim profile cabinet design that is one of the narrowest on the market.
The need for biosafety cabinets is expected to grow through 2027, according to projections cited by ReportLinker.i With continued supply chain issues and the obvious benefits of new BSC models, it’s best to upgrade existing biosafety cabinets sooner rather than later.
i“Biological Safety Cabinet Market by Type, End User and Region – Global Forecast to 2027.” Market Research: Pharmaceutical Market Trends, October 2022. https://www.reportlinker.com/p05402507/Biological-Safety-Cabinet-Market-by-Type-End-User-Global-Forecast-to.html.