Filtered / Vented Storage Cabinet Features
The benefits of our vented and filtered storage cabinets include:
- Easy Installation. Cabinets are self contained. Set-up, operation and filter maintenance are straightforward.
- Energy Efficiency. Because filtered air is returned to the room, no demands are required of the facility HVAC capacity for make-up air.
- Cost Effective. Facility ductwork, HVAC and construction
Guidelines for Chemical Storage
Make sure your laboratory environment is safe and efficient by following these basic guidelines for chemical storage:
- Keep a comprehensive inventory. Review your chemical inventory at least once a year in order to ensure accurate records. This updated chemical list is vital in the case of emergency when fire personnel must deal with fire and/or toxic accidents.
- Dispose of hazardous chemicals that are no longer needed. Properly dispose of unused chemicals during your yearly inventory.
- Label all chemicals clearly. Every chemical must retain proper labeling, including the contents of the container, hazard statement, precautionary statement and manufacturer information. Missing or damaged labels must be replaced with the proper information.
- Always store chemicals with a properly sealed lid or top.
- Separate incompatible chemicals. It is important that antagonistic substances are not stored together. Dangerous reactions can occur if improper proximity is ignored.
- Store large containers below shoulder height, particularly if full of liquid. Many accidents happen when retrieving large, heavy containers above shoulder height.
- Store noxious chemicals in a properly designed chemical storage cabinet. Some chemicals contain hazardous fumes and must be stored respectively. A vented chemical storage cabinet is necessary for protecting the rest of the laboratory environment from these noxious fumes.