The highest quality ingredients make the best beer. Every brewer knows the importance of protecting those ingredients, particularly the yeast culture strain. From its earliest stage, beer preparation requires the highest level of cleanliness and sterility. Yeast culture strains are vulnerable to dust particles and other microorganisms that live on human skin. Air Science fume hoods maintain sterile cell culture better than positive pressure enclosures created by many brewers as a simple solution.
Air Science offers a range of fume hoods that can accommodate the needs of nano breweries, large-scale brewing companies, and everyone in between. Prevent unwanted microbes or other particulate contamination of your yeast cultures with a Laminar Flow Hood, Ductless Fume Hood, or Custom Built Enclosure.
While you might not need the full equipment of a microbiological laboratory, fume hoods give you more control over the brewing process by ensuring the stability of yeast cultures. Let us help you on your quest for the best with the right tools to improve your beer production.
Craft Beverage Products:
Laminar Flow Hoods
Avoiding contact with anything that touches your yeast sample and practicing proper aseptic techniques can only go so far to protect your cultures. A laminar flow hood ensures airflow is directed away from your sample so dust and other particulates are removed. This helps maintain consistency of samples for the propagation of yeast cultures in your unique brew.
Purair FLOW Series. For the serious, but small brewer, your craft will not be limited by a small space with the compact Purair® FLOW Series. These vertical laminar flow cabinets are ideal for use in environments where space is limited. They are designed to use HEPA filtration to protect your samples from particulates and other contaminates introduced by manipulating or placing specimens.
- Clear back and side panels allow ambient illumination into the chamber and provide users with an unobstructed view of its contents.
- Vertical laminar airflow with HEPA/ULPA filtration protects materials inside the cabinet from particulates.
- High airflow capacity.
- Configurable with a broad range of options customized to your specific application.
- Easy-to-change filters.
- Choose from standard or tall, horizontal or vertical flow, in widths of 24", 36", and 48".
Purair LF Series. The Purair LF Series offers greater variety of sizes and options for brewers of any size. Air Science Purair Vertical and Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets are a series of high-efficiency products designed to protect samples from particulates and other airborne contamination.
- No installation is required; just plug them in and use them.
- Products are designed for desktop use, or may be installed on an optional mobile base stand.
- The rear wall of vertical flow cabinets is perforated to reduce work surface turbulence by removing some of the airflow to the rear.
- High capacity air handling system delivers flow velocity of 0.35-0.45 m/s or 70-90 fpm.
- Choose from standard powder coated interior or stainless steel interior (-SS models).
- Purair VLF and HLF hoods have an ULPA filter pressure gauge to measure filter performance.
- Easy-to-change filters.
- Purair Laminar Flow products are constructed of steel with our exclusive MICROgone™ anti-microbial powder finish coating.
- Stainless steel models available upon request.
Ductless Fume Hoods
Ductless fume hoods offer increased safety for both samples and brewing technicians as they filter out lower levels of harmful substances, rather than nonhazardous materials alone. A ductless fume hood with carbon filtration can increase your safety standards while improving quality assurances of consistent taste of your finished beer.
Purair Basic. For brewers who want the most control in consistency of taste, acidity (bitterness) and flavor, we recommend the Purair Basic. Purair Basic Series Ductless Fume Hoods are compact and ideal for use in laboratory environments that require higher levels of filtration and purify small volumes of harmful substances.
- High capacity air handling system delivers face velocity of 100 fpm.
- A low airflow alarm warns of insufficient face velocity.
- The Air Science filter assembly is easy to access, easy to change.
- A unique filter clamping design eliminates bypass leakage outside the cabinet.
- Accessories include an optional filter saturation alarm.
Custom Enclosure Series
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Air Science Custom Enclosures can be designed to protect the process, operator, or both from particulates, fumes and vapors. Custom Air Science Enclosures improve quality analysis and quality control during your microbiological analysis and yeast propagation.
We can work with you to build custom enclosures for your specific brewing needs. Each customized unit is designed to maximize operator safety and accessibility, and is tested and certified to factory specifications and industry standards.