Facility managers looking to expand their laboratory's compounding capabilities without incurring extra infrastructure expense need look no further than the Purair® RX.
The Purair RX Balance Hood is a Class I enclosure that meets USP 800 requirements for non-sterile compounding procedures and is designed to protect the user and the environment from hazardous powders and particulates generated on the work surface. The Purair RX is also a standalone ductless unit that can be integrate into an existing laboratory without additional ductwork or utilities requirements.
Key Features of the Purair RX include:
- Protects the operator from powder and particle hazards encountered during non-sterile compounding.
- SafeSwitch™ Filter Shutter System (optional) for safer bag-in/bag-out filter exchange.
- Innovative filter clamping eliminates by-pass leakage.
- Exhaust canopy allows for thimble ducting to the facility exhaust system.
- Airflow monitor with low airflow alarm built-in.
The Purair RX complies with USP 800 guidelines which specify hazardous materials must be compounded within the proper work environment associated with both sterile and non-sterile products and preparations.
Air Science recently published a whitepaper discussing the USP 800 requirements and product designs that meet the standards. Download the whitepaper here.