Damaged Freight Claim Information
Damaged Freight Claim Information
Caution: Inspect each shipment very carefully before acceptance.
Air Science® inspects each product for defects before shipment. Air Science products are then carefully packed in compliance with carrier regulations and thoroughly inspected before leaving our plant. Responsibility for their safe delivery is assumed by the carrier upon acceptance of the shipment at our factory. Occasionally, damage occurs in transit. Claims for loss or damage sustained in transit must be filed with the carrier.
- Please remember that you are responsible for all freight claims and the cost of all replacement pieces for each shipment you accept.
- Carefully inspect each pallet or crate upon arrival. If a shipment is found to be damaged upon delivery you must have the driver/carrier document all damage details on the delivery receipt. This is essential or your claim may be denied.
- Also if pallets are stacked, please note "Stacked Pallets" on the delivery receipt (Air Science pallets are not stacked when shipped, unless otherwise stated for certain products).
- Air Science is not responsible for pallets stacked at carrier terminal. Any unloading difficulties or damages due to stacked materials are carrier's responsibility.
If freight damage is discovered, please refer to the following guidelines in order to process and effective freight claim.
Accepted Freight with Noted Visible Loss or Damage
Any external evidence of loss or damage must be noted on the freight bill or delivery receipt and signed by the courier's agent or delivery driver
NOTE: Failure to properly describe evidence of loss or damage may result in the carrier refusing to honor a claim. Contact delivering terminal to arrange for a claim form and inspection report to be faxed or mailed to you.
- Notify Air Science regarding which items need replacement.
- Keep all damaged items and packing material until claim is resolved between you and the carrier
- Accepted Freight with Concealed Loss or Damage
- When a damage or loss is discovered during unpacking:
- Contact the carrier immediately upon discovery of damage and request for inspection by the carrier's agent.
- Carrier will determine inspection needs based on value and time elapsed.
- Notify Air Science regarding which items require replacement.
- Air Science will fax to you an order acknowledgment that includes value of items for claim (less freight amount).
- Air Science will invoice you for replacement materials.
- Air Science standard payment terms will apply.
If substantial damage is noted upon inspection you have the right to refuse part or all of a shipment.
- Do not unpack pallets or crates with damaged materials. Individual items cannot be refused. You must refuse the entire pallet or accept the freight with noted damage (see above)
- Air Science will handle all freight claim procedures and process a replacement order for your company for the damaged pieces at no charge if the original order was shipped under CIF (Cost Insurance Freight) terms (i.e. Air Science had covered the insurance).
NOTE: Any correspondence with Air Science regarding loss or damage must be accompanied by a copy of the shipping carrier's report. Air Science will not accept returns that have not been authorized.
In the event of accepted freight with damage or loss, notification of loss or damage must be sent to the carrier within 10 days of receiving the freight. Notification outside the 10-day time frame may result in denial of the damage claim.